Monday, May 17, 2010

Yad Aharon's beautiful letter about our breakfast...

Dearest Chana Rivka and Organisers,

When my daughter Yael joined the Torah Academy where she matriculated, we knew that she would be attending a “School with a Heart” and the phenomenally successful “Mothers’ Day Breakfast” hosted by the Nursery School this morning, was a further confirmation of my sentiment. Thank you for personally inviting me, not only in my personal capacity of Mother to 4 beautiful children, but also as a representative of the Yad Aharon & Michael Tzedokah Food Fund, in recognition of my privileged role as Mother to what has become my “extended family”!

I must tell you that the last time I recall attending a gathering with such a “Party” atmosphere was as a child and I’m sure that I speak for all 300 attendees when I say that I felt thoroughly spoilt!!! Shelley Geffen truly distinguished herself with the wonderful Buffet breakfast which catered for every taste, and the décor was simply delightful! However, what moved me the most was to see women of my age celebrating their own Mothers and I admit that it did momentarily bring on feelings of loss and nostalgia at not being able to do the same for my late Mom (z”l). However, the congenial atmosphere soon brought me back to the present and I thank you for booking me a seat at your table. It was also heart warming to see some of my clients enjoying some sense of “normality”, albeit for just the morning. The speakers gave the audience a perfect balance of words of Torah by Rebbetzin Stern and a fun and “oh-so-true” demonstration of a Mother’s multi-faceted role. The fact that Roz Basserabie’s genius succeeded in making us laugh at ourselves was most therapeutic and it resulted in a fantastic feeling of “achdus” amongst all who attended the event.

If this was “our first Mothers’ Day Breakfast”, I deduce that this will become an annual initiative and, if so, please book my place for next year!!! I trust that this was a successful and rewarding Fundraiser for your School and may Hashem bless your fabulous Principals, Staff, Pupils and Parents with Brocha, Hatzlocha and the Torah’s richest Blessings.

Fondest love,


Alice Friedman
Managing Director
Yad Aharon & Michael Tzedokah Food Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment